Static IP Settings for New TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router
WAN settings are little bit complicated for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router users. From tplink router login page any user can make these kind of settings for their devices and complete steps are explained in this article. If you want to change basic WAN settings for these router devices then you can also use tplink tether application but for advance settings like static IP settings you must access tplink router login page from a computer device.
Static IP Address Settings for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router
- Connect a tplink wifi router and computer device using network cable. If you do not have network cable then first purchase a new network cable for yourself.
- Once your devices are connected, you can access tplink router login page from this device.
- Fill tplink.com login user name and password to the given fields.
- Select “Static IP Settings” option from tplink setup page.
- First fill the IP address field and please do not forget to add dots and points when you are separating the IP address.
- Choose the connection type for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router device. There are several options that you will find from the drop down menu and you can select the connection type from there.
- After that fill subnet mask details for your router device. In most of the cases 255.255.255.0 subnet mask is used.
- After that fill gateway IP address details for your devices.
These are the basic static IP address settings for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router devices. There are some advance settings also and you can make those settings easily from same setup page.
- Change the MTU or Maximum Transfer Unit for the data packets traveling to your network.
- Change the WAN rate settings for these router devices. Click on the small arrow sign and select the WAN rate for your devices.